So it’s two days before (or the morning of!) Halloween and your teen son decides he really ISN’T too old to go trick-or-treating again this year. What do you do?
Here is my solution for a quick and easy last-minute costume:
Presenting, Clark Kent
It’s definitely not a bird nor a plane, but this Superman definitely turned the heads of some teen girls last week at our church’s Trunk or Treat!
We had all the pieces at home, all I needed to buy was the superman logo tee shirt, which I picked up at my local Target.
Clark Kent wears:
- Black high top chucks (Converse One-Stars from Target):$17 on clearance
- White Dress Shirt (owned) Free
- Tie (Owned–You can get a shirt/tie combo at Walmart for $10) Free
- Dress Slacks (Owned–You can find dress slacks at Walmart for $10) Free
- Black glasses (3D movie theater glasses) Free
- Superman tee shirt (Target) $11 after Cartwheel discount
- Good looks: Priceless!
My total cost: $28 by reusing some items he already owned…technically only spent $11, since I had bought the Chucks a few weeks ago, but these were his first time wearing them, so I added it in. 😉