Today’s costume is an easy DIY! My daughter knew that she wanted to dress up like this character since we watched Despicable Me 2 this summer.
The DIY Minion
Just looking at this kid makes me want to say: BEE DOH! BEE DOH! BEE DOH!!
I love the way this all came out! I used a mix of hand-me-downs, consignment and new items. She will be wearing this on Halloween night!
This DIY Minion wears:
- Black Chucks (Converse All Star hand me downs from her brother): Free(ish) retail at about $30
- Yellow Tee Shirt (my son’s old band tee): Free –these retail less than $10 new
- Thick Round Glasses (Michael’s): $1
- Yellow Beanie (Amazon): $5
- Black Gloves (from an old costume): Free –you can find black gloves for about $1
- Yellow Soccer Socks (Ross): $3 (for two pair)
- Denim Overalls (cosigment shop): $3
- Yellow Buttons (Joann): $1
My total cost: $13 with lots of reusable pieces!!