Over the summer, I turned some tea towels into kitchen curtains. They turned out a little shorter than I had hoped, and so I added some eyelet trim, which made them a little more granny-fied than I had intended.
A couple of months ago, I picked up three other tea towels on clearance at Target. I set one on the oven handle (“for pretty”), and sure enough, Hubs used it to wipe up a gunky mess. Why he would use a perfectly new tea towel when there are a million raggedy old dish towels two inches away is beyond me! ((sigh))
Anyway, there was no way I was letting my other two tea towels be destroyed, so I decided I would use them to replace Granny Curtains.
This is how they came out:
|I set these with the stripes vertically instead of horizontally like Granny.|
|I then trimmed off the excess fabric so they would be just the right length,
and sewed a pocket for the rod.
|…and voila, a new set of curtains for about $4.|
Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked!